Summer in Guaymas some lightening going on.

 

Finally, 

After purchasing Hula Girl nea Novella after being down here in Februray.  

I finally made it down, check out the boat, inventory stuff, make plans, etc. This happened.. about 1 am Friday.


Wild and wet show. I of course didn't dog down the Vberth port hard enough and soaked my sheet. Which turned out to be pretty good, it keep me cool for the rest of the night


The marina, Fonatur, where Novella is located is downtown Guaymas, not the expat areas of San Carlos, so little bit harder to get around for a Gringo who speaks spanish "como un infante". Actually, mostly point and nod a lot. Google translate is a life saver. Hardest bit is right after cuanto cuesta, and then they say a number and I cannot grasp it at all. I have to resort to having them write it down. 

I will put up more info on the plan for refit. The basics are
  • Update and simplify the electrical system, the old system is a hodgepodge of fixes, shortcuts etc. 
  • Install lithium batteries. I am looking to add about 1200 amp hours of lithium
  • Install AC in forward, vberth really. If it works like I think it will I probably will install in aft berth.
  • Covert quarter berth into utilities/garage. 
  • etc.. 




Comments